Refinish North America introduced a new Prepper to Painter Application Course. Offered through online and in-person blended learning, the new program teaches refinish fundamentals to individuals who have some body shop experience. Upon course completion, an existing shop prepper will be able to transition into a painting role to help busy collision centers get more cars through the booth each day.
This course is designed to advance Preppers who have been in the refinish business for two (2) years and have the aspiration and potential to become a painter.
- Three (3) 1.5-hour webinars (prework)
- Five (5) days in an Axalta Learning and Development Center
This class aims to offer shops the ability to transition a prepper to a painter so the technician can complete a basic paint job on a vehicle.
The class consists of three (3) online sessions in preparation for the 5-day in-person class, where most of the time will be spent in the shop practicing hands-on application and blending processes and techniques. In the classroom, students will also learn color retrieval and color theory basics.
- Gain a better understanding of the different processes, products, and techniques in the refinish process
- Gain basic knowledge of:
- Color theory
- Axalta color tools
- Paint mixing
- Sealer application
- Basecoat application
- Basecoat blending
- Excellent way to stimulate aspiring technicians to acquire the knowledge to become a painter
- Structured approach to teaching the basics of painting to a technician who demonstrates interest in this position
- Ability for the technician to handle smaller jobs to free up more experienced technicians
- Ability for the technician to fill in for a painter who’s away from the shop
- Completion of eLearning modules on products used at the shop
- Completion of knowledge assessment
COST : $1000