Aluminum intensive Cadillac CT6 among vehicles that will cease production.
General Motors (NYSE:GM) announced yesterday that it was “unallocating” production at three vehicle assembly plants and two propulsion plants in North America.
Assembly plants that will be unallocated vehicles in 2019 include:
- Oshawa Assembly in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly in Detroit.
- Lordstown Assembly in Warren, Ohio.
Propulsion plants that will be unallocated in 2019 include:
- Baltimore Operations in White Marsh, Maryland.
- Warren Transmission Operations in Warren, Michigan.
The move comes in the face of declining car sales as consumers allocate a higher portion of their vehicle purchases to crossovers,