NSF International announced that Richmond/Tidewater Bumper, based in Mechanicsville, Va., has earned NSF Automotive Parts Distributor Certification for meeting all certification requirements. Certification requirements include:
- An ISO 9001-certified quality management system
- Business liability insurance
- Effective records management and inventory tracking systems to track orders and parts through the supply chain
- Customer service procedures requiring timely order processing and communications
- A defective parts procedure including a customer part complaint process
- A formal corrective action process for complaints and an immediate recall plan (to use should the situation arise)
Richmond/Tidewater Bumper will undergo ongoing quality system audits to maintain certification.