Formed joint venture to produce vehicles in the United States. Will jointly develop electric vehicles and advanced safety technology with ultimate goal of creating a mobile society devoid of accidents.
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) and Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) signed an agreement today to enter a business and capital alliance, with the aim of further strengthening their partnership.
Specifically, the companies agreed to:
- establish a joint venture that produces vehicles in the United States,
- jointly develop technologies for electric vehicles,
- jointly develop connected-car technology,
- collaborate on advanced safety technologies, and
- expand complementary products.
In addition, together with the aim of